Student Success Bootcamp
Before we start our training, I want to break down the components and elements of academic success. Getting better grades requires not only hard work but also many other key elements that are interlinked. They are all going to affect how well you do in school (and life).
Because of this, we have put together the Student Success System – a system that shows you all the important elements you need to be more organized, productive, and to achieve academic excellence.
As you can see, there are four major parts of the system: (1) a proactive attitude, (2) effective time management, (3) active learning, (4) good performance. These four things are especially important as they determine how well you do in each part of the learning progress.
1. Proactive Attitude
Many students fail to make improvements because they lack a proactive attitude. A proactive attitude is all about taking responsibility for your own growth and it can bring you motivation and action. A proactive attitude includes:
- believing in your ability and that you can improve your intelligence and grades (the growth mindset),
- having visions of your life and specific goals, and
- being determined to make your vision a reality.
Without all of these, you will easily lose motivation when you are faced with challenges and you are more inclined to give up when things seem to be a bit more difficult than you think. Some, for example, believing that “they are not smart enough anyway”, will refuse to put effort or make any improvements believing that they won’t do any better even if they work hard for it.
2. Effective Time Management
Once you have a proactive attitude, you will need to learn how to effectively manage your time so that you can allocate your time in the right place that is beneficial to your personal growth and academic performance.
- Time management skills: this includes setting goals, using your time with purpose, and prioritizing your tasks
- Effective planning: you should plan your time in a way that is realistic and that can maximize your productivity without stressing you out
- Productivity: increase your attention, focus better, avoid distractions and overcome procrastination
3. Active Learning
With the ability to use your time well, the question then comes to how you can learn more out of the time that you have. We all spend the same amount of time in the classroom, learn the same materials, and have the same lecture notes for exams. Why can some classmates stand out, while others don’t seem to be able to master the knowledge learned?
The key is active learning. In order to better understand what you have learned and grasp the key information that you need to know, you will have to learn and study actively in order to increase your level of understanding and comprehension, enhance your ability to pick out the key points (rather than studying everything on your notes), and better retain and remember the information. Active learning includes the following:
- Listen attentively in class and get the most out of lectures
- Read effectively by understanding and remembering the text
- Memorize things you have learned and retain them
- Conduct study groups to implement participatory learning
- Critically think and reflect on what you have learned
- Take notes that can help you better analyze and remember the information
4. Good Performance
Even if you have studied everything really well, you won’t be able to get a good result unless you perform well in your assessments like exams, essays, and projects. These are key things that determine your grades and you will need to learn how to demonstrate what you know in these assessments.
The Student Success Bootcamp is a free training series that equips you with the right productivity and studying strategies to prepare you for school. It is a short course designed to help you thrive in school and in life.
In this training, we are going to tell you all about some awesome techniques that can help you find motivation, build better study habits, and endorse effective learning systems that are going to change your way of studying.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 176
- Assessments Yes
Attitude and Motivation